Monday, April 27, 2009

Debating this week.

We need to debate Tues, Wednesday, and Thursday--be ready!

12 comments:

  1. i think ill mix it up and say all rightt instead of ok and k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok. if i go to a different skewl. i well miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex and Lisa,

    I believe i have come to a way to finally defeat finnegan's funerals. My understanding of Finnegan's Funeral is that they are trying to affirm the modes of excess, and they establish that the excess is literature, sex, landscapes, and things that we push out of society, but i believe that the best way to beat this is to kritik their mode of excess thought, as in saying their embodyment of the excess and trying to force an image on it, by affirming literature as energy only continues to push out the other things they try to exclude, this is just a hypothetically situation but I'm just trying to figure out if (after reading bataille) I understand the modes of expenditure...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, i'll be ready for you ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. In theory you would be correct chris but it much more difficult then that. And btw it is Finnegan's Wake. Their answer to your "K of excess thought" would be that you are flawed because you are acting within the system and yet again you are trying to "push them and their ideas out of society". To be honest I have no idea how to defeat finnegan's wake but I wasn't on the circuit too much last year and I have never actually heard/seen this performed. And that is EXACTLY what it is a performance.

    ReplyDelete