Thursday, April 23, 2009

Tubs

Tubs--hybrid teams must set up tubs for Affirmative side of debate using the plantext we've been blogging and debating. Also, go back to the questions posed by Lisa regarding the mini-debates and answer them. You will experience the last four speeches in the round next week as you debate a full round (NO speed) with timed speeches and CX in your hybrid teams. Your responses to Lisa's questions count as this blog prompt.

13 comments:

  1. How do you think you did on the mini debates?
    I did ok, i have to learn to control my speed, because i do not realize i was talking faster than appropriated

    What do you think you need to work on?
    self-control when it comes to talking fast

    What is the hardest thing in debate for you?
    definetely the brightline as to why Topicality is important

    What would you like to be good at by the time debate starts?
    Topicality

    What are your strengths/weaknesses?
    Strengths: I understand in-depth Ks, understand policy maker
    Weaknesses: Clarity, Topicality, and Framework...

    ReplyDelete
  2. well... i guess there are ok. no fun not reading fast, but. T, i need T work. the hardest thing? T, ya T. better speed, and learn the perm debate, and my Str/Weakness. Histroy... im good at that, so like inherencey. and weakness... T, Perm, and the k debate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you think you did on the mini debates?

    What do you think you need to work on?
    I need to work on the varsity aspects of debate. Like kritiks and framework. T is just a skill that needs to be practiced and ya.
    What is the hardest thing in debate for you?
    The hardest thing for me in debate is kritiks because i am still new to them. I catch on fast though.
    What would you like to be good at by the time debate starts?
    I would like to be good at all aspects of debate but most importantly kritical debate.
    What are your strengths/weaknesses?
    I am a fairly well balanced debater. I have very few experience on the varsity level but i hope to improve quickly. As far as right now i am stronger in the T and theory debate, and weakest in the framework and kritik debate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you think you did on the mini debates?
    I THINK THAT I DID ALRIGHT NOT MY BEST BUT AGAIN IT WAS MY FIRST , I HAD NO EXPIRENCE WITH POLICY DEBATE WHATSO EVER

    What do you think you need to work on?
    I THINK I NEED TO SLOW DOWN WITH THE TAGLINES AND TO NOT CONTRADICT MYSELF LOL

    What is the hardest thing in debate for you?
    IN DEBATE AS A WHOLE TO CONTROL MY STRESS..AND EMOTIONS!!!

    What would you like to be good at by the time debate starts?
    I WANT TO BE GOOD AT CROSS-EXS AND TO BE BETTER AT CRITICAL THINKING

    What are your strengths/weaknesses?
    STRENGTHS: NATURAL SPEED
    WEAKNESSES: ANGER MANAGMENT AND THINKING DEEPLY

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you think you did on the mini debates?

    i did okay. i was the first one up so at first i was kinda worried but I try my hardest

    What do you think you need to work on?

    be more stronger on my subject and have more back up.

    What is the hardest thing in debate for you?

    t and puting cards togather.

    What would you like to be good at by the time debate starts?

    T


    What are your strengths/weaknesses?

    strenghts- i learn fast, i can sometimes find good back up

    Weaknesses- sometimes miss understand things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you think you did on the mini debates?
    i did ok, but we didnt really get a chance to do a lot, just the constructives.

    What do you think you need to work on?
    hm...better stragegies on the neg. we only have a few DA's we're running, but i want to write some counter-plans too.

    What is the hardest thing in debate for you?
    research.

    What would you like to be good at by the time debate starts?
    i wana be better at answering K's and better at researching. i also want to get rly good T answers.

    What are your strengths/weaknesses?
    my weakness is i read stuff in round and drop it, finding that i needed it later. i also have issues articulating things i need to-i second guess myself a lot. i really don't know my strengths.

    ReplyDelete
  7. since im not really a policy lady can i just help decorate? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you think you did on the mini debates?
    ok i guess im a novie and wat not

    What do you think you need to work on?
    building a case

    What is the hardest thing in debate for you?
    building a case

    What would you like to be good at by the time debate starts?
    Building a case...

    What are your strengths/weaknesses?
    Stregnth-cross X
    Weekness-building a case

    ReplyDelete